- 14 years old: I'm young but I know what I want. This isn't that hard, I'm all grown up already and have everything figured out.
- 17 years old: Well, this is a little harder than I thought. School is almost ending. What am I going to do with my life?
- 21 years old: What the fuck is going on? Where are my socks?
redoing a keyboard smash until it looks right
a little girl in the grocery store just asked me if i was a princess because my dress was pretty and i said everyone’s a princess and she pointed to her dad and asked if he was a princess too and her dad said yep its true im a princess and she looked so happy idk it was adorable
Ten Things I’ve Learned About Gay People - A Christian Perspective
- Being gay is not a choice.
- There are gay Christians.
- Gay couples do enter into long-term, committed, loving, and monogamous relationships.
- Every word translated as “homosexual” in the modern versions of the Bible is speaking of same sex behavior in an extreme circumstance.
- The church is not offering a model of being gay and Christian and living a virtuous life before God.
- Asking gay people to deny their natural sexual orientation is destructive.
- Bisexual people are attracted to both sexes in varying degrees.
- There is no “radical gay agenda” and no demand for “special rights.”
- The loss of gay believers to the Church has been tragic.
- The loudest message the gay community hears from Christians is one of intolerance and hatred.
as I think about starting my new job at a Lutheran Church, I have a lot to think about. A lot of these things listed above are things that I had to learn as I came out after an entire childhood of being conservative christian.
over the past five years I’ve gone from homophobic conservative, to liberal christian, to radical queer anarchist, to…whatever I am now. Here’s to finding out what that is and what it means.